[Spambayes] SpamBayes feature suggestion

C B cinnamonbelle at wildmail.com
Mon Nov 1 16:21:33 CET 2004

Am so far impressed with SpamBayes' intuitiveness, ease of use, and -
though it's not quite near perfect yet - its accuracy... actually I
have a suggestion and a half.

1) Would be great if SpamBayes could suggest and implement a settings
change at install that lets a person right-click on their junk e-mail
folder and see a menu selection for 'empty junk e-mail folder' - just
like the trash folder. Maybe similar functionality for the junk
suspects folder.

2) It might get prohibitively bulky to start processing individual
blacklists - or for that matter whitelists - as part of SpamBayes
(which after all is supposed to be Bayesian)... but if there's a way
to do that fast, it would help. I find Microsoft Outlook's message
rules processing way too slow to want to use it on incoming e-mail...
no matter how few things I'm asking it to find.

Carry on. :)  Great work... so far better than a commercial packaged-
with-updates anti-spam consumer product I've tried.

Care2 make the world greener!
Support Care2 Email: 1,400 whales may be killed this year. Take action! http://www.care2.com/go/z/17954