[Spambayes] problem with installation

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Thu May 20 17:49:14 EDT 2004

> i am trying to install spambayes, but the problem is its
> not getting properly installed with outlook express
> I have installed python,

You do not need to install Python to use the binary installer for sb_server
(i.e. to use with Outlook Express).  Having Python installed isn't going to
hurt you, though.

> also the windows win32 exe files but still those toolbars
> items don't appear in Outlook express.

Did you read the readme at the end of the installation process?  There is no
toolbar with Outlook Express.  I'd suggest that you (re-)read the readme and
try and follow the steps outlined there to configure SpamBayes.

> your website also does not clearly mention the compatibility
> with Outlook Express.

If something isn't clear, what would really help us is if you could explain
why it's not clear, and suggest how it could be improved.  The website has:

FAQ 2.1:
<http://spambayes.org/faq.html#does-spambayes-work-with-outlook-express>

Non-Outlook solutions:
<http://spambayes.org/windows.html#non-outlook>

Microsoft Windows (little bit down the page):
<http://spambayes.org/download.html>

Did you not understand these, or not find them?  If you can suggest
improvements, we're happy to receive them.

=Tony Meyer

---