[Spambayes] Stop working after installing new version

Doug Pratt doug.pratt at sbcglobal.net
Mon May 17 12:17:11 EDT 2004

I need some help.  But first of all, I really like this program.  I have
been using it for many months now and it never falsely detected a spam
email.  Okay, here is my machine

Windows XP with all the updates, Outlook 2002, SpamBayes 1.0b1, two
users/accounts that use email on this machine.

Here is my problem; I originally started with an older version of
SpamBayes (don't recall the version but I downloaded 6-8 months ago) and
it worked like a charm for me and my wife.  I saw that there was a newer
version so I uninstalled the old version and installed the new one.  It
still work fine for me but when my wife logs in and goes to Outlook, the
two SpamBayes button are there but they are not functional.  It doesn't
do anything when you click on them.  I tried to use the troubleshooting
guide but it's over my head.  I did note on my wife side, COM add-ins is
empty (no files listed or checked).  I would appreciate it if you can
help me solve this problem.  If this is not clear or you need any
additional information, don't hesitate to let me know.

I also have a question about the program.  Does this program need to
keep the spam email after they have been detected or can they be
deleted?  I don't know if it needs to keep them for its training.

TIA

Best Regards,

Doug Pratt

(469) 384-1969