[Spambayes] Using DB on two computers

Ryan Malayter rmalayter at bai.org
Thu May 13 13:25:02 EDT 2004

[Dr. H. Jurgen Combs]
> I am trying to use the same database files containing
> "trained" messages -
> however, the second computer does not seem to recognize the
> other DB and
> keeps deleting the other data - is there something I have to
> do to "train"
> the program to use the files that I copied from the other computer?

I have a batch file that compares the dates on the spambayes DB and INI
files in my directory, and copies them between machines.

However, I have the same Outlook profile name on both machines, so this
works. My profile is called "rmalayter", so I get an rmalayter.ini file
from spambayes on both machines that holds my settings. Perhaps you have
different Outlook profile names on each machine? Try to make them the
same, and see what happens.

Regards,
	Ryan