[Spambayes] Re: DBRunRecoveryError: -30982, 'DB_RUNRECOVERY:

Denis Howlett denish at isocra.com
Mon May 10 12:02:49 EDT 2004

Hi folks,

First, thanks for a great product, I and my colleagues use SpamBayes and we
couldn't cope without it.

I have developed the toolbar-buttons-not-working problem where, though
SpamBayes continues to filter messages OK itself, The Delete as Spam and
Recover from Spam buttons don't do anything any more (all the others work
OK).

Looking in the log file I have:

bsddb._db.DBRunRecoveryError: (-30982, 'DB_RUNRECOVERY: Fatal error, run
database recovery -- fatal region error detected; run recovery')
 Moving and spam training message 'Your eBay Account Must Be Confirmed ' -
Training on message 'Your eBay Account Must Be Confirmed ' in 'Denis's
Folders/Inbox - pythoncom error: Python error invoking COM method.
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "win32com\server\policy.pyc", line 283, in _Invoke_
  File "win32com\server\policy.pyc", line 288, in _invoke_
  File "win32com\server\policy.pyc", line 550, in _invokeex_
  File "addin.pyc", line 637, in OnClick
  File "addin.pyc", line 161, in TrainAsSpam
  File "train.pyc", line 52, in train_message
  File "spambayes\classifier.pyc", line 273, in learn
  File "spambayes\classifier.pyc", line 384, in _add_msg
  File "spambayes\storage.pyc", line 281, in _wordinfoset
  File "shelve.pyc", line 130, in __setitem__
  File "bsddb\__init__.pyc", line 120, in __setitem__
bsddb._db.DBRunRecoveryError: (-30982, 'DB_RUNRECOVERY: Fatal error, run
database recovery -- fatal region error detected; run recovery')

So, I'm about to rebuild the database as you suggest in your FAQ.

However, I thought you might be interested to know that this started
happening because this morning I found that Outlook was running really
slowly, it seemed to take several seconds to do anything (almost as if it
was trying to do something and then timing out). I couldn't work out if this
was because of SpamBayes or affecting it, but SpamBayes too was working so
slowly that it was pretty much unusable. I tried to quit Outlook (this is
Outlook 2000 BTW, with Windows XP), and had to terminate the program. After
that the buttons wouldn't work.

So, my bet is that my database is corrupted because I quit in the middle of
SpamBayes doing something. This might be what happens to other people too?

Hope this is useful, if not, sorry to waste your time!

Regards,
Denis