[Spambayes] Spambayes on Outlook Express

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Thu May 6 16:35:39 EDT 2004

> Thanks for the response.  It was that pesky old Norton
> Antivirus.  I turned it off, and everything is working OK.
> Of course, I don't now have email virus protection.  Is there
> some way I can get both?

Yes, you should be able to chain them together.  Something like:

  OE  <->  SpamBayes  <->  Norton  <->  Mail Server

Since Norton is running on localhost 110, set SpamBayes to connect to that,
instead of your mail server.  Set the local proxy port to some other value
(say 8110).  Then set Outlook Express to connect to localhost 8110, rather
than localhost 110.  All should then be fine.

=Tony Meyer

---