[Spambayes] can't get it re-installed

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Thu May 6 00:16:56 EDT 2004

> I had installed Spambayes in our CFO's computer.
> He tried to delete it, but it did not completely
> delete.

Was this by using the "Add/Remove Programs" control panel, or by manually
deleting the files?  (It should the the former).

> I uninstalled Spybot and tried to completely uninstall
> Spambayes but the Spambayes folder in Program Files
> will not delete.

Is Outlook closed when you try this?  What error message do you get when you
try to delete?  Is this manually deleting the files, or using the control
panel?

> I tried to reinstall Spambayes but it does not re-install.
> It looks like it does but it is not there when I open Outlook.
> The Add-In is not installed (I checked your troubleshooting guide
> and I am still confused as to what to do).

The installation should have created a log file.  This is in the temp
directory (C:\Documents and Settings\{username}\Local Settings\Temp with XP)
and is called "spambayes1.log".  If you could send us that, it would help
figure out what is going on.  In addition, what version of Outlook and
Windows is he using?

=Tony Meyer

---