[Spambayes] strange stuff..bug

Capt Buck buck at digitaldudes.com
Wed May 5 22:01:11 EDT 2004

I have been trying your product for about a month and it is a very interesting dev.

It has worked fine for me and I tried to show a friend of mine how it works on their xp home machine. I first installed the same version I used (spambayes-1.0a9.exe)

It seemed to load fine and I right clicked the tray to begin configuring......I am not sure what I did but next thing I knew the tray.... dissapeared..
I tried un installing and reinstalling repeatedly and then down loaded yr latest version but to no avail ...the installer said all okay but the tray has never reappeared...

This is used in outlook express on a xp home machine........The traceback log s follows......
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "autoconfigure.py", line 791, in ?
  File "autoconfigure.py", line 742, in offer_to_configure
  File "autoconfigure.py", line 705, in configure
  File "autoconfigure.py", line 451, in configure_outlook_express
KeyError: 'SMTP Port'
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "autoconfigure.py", line 791, in ?
  File "autoconfigure.py", line 742, in offer_to_configure
  File "autoconfigure.py", line 705, in configure
  File "autoconfigure.py", line 451, in configure_outlook_express
KeyError: 'SMTP Port'

I see the error but I am clueless how to resolve it..........

any ideas

thankyou , captbuck