[Spambayes] Error initializing SpamBayes 1.0a9

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Tue Mar 23 21:00:52 EST 2004

> I have just downloaded and installed SpamBayes 1.0a9. On
> starting Outlook, an error dialogue with this message
> appears: "The procedure entry point
> ?PyCom_SetAndLogCOMErrorFromPyException@@YAJPBDABU_GUID@@@Z
> could not be located in the dynamic link library pythoncom23.dll."

You have ActivePython installed, yes?  We've just recently identified this
as a problem where ActivePython is installed, because of the way it does its
install.  We're working on a fix, and a new release that works with
ActivePython should be out soon (hopefully next week).

> c:\program files\Spambayes Outlook Addin - no version listed,
> created on July 27, 2003

This one should be removed if you uninstall the old version.

=Tony meyer

---