[Spambayes] recover from spam button gone

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Sat Mar 13 03:03:34 EST 2004

> My recover from spam button disappeared. How do I get it
> back? I have Windows XP and have version 1.63. Thanks!

Version 1.63 of what?  Presumably not SpamBayes, since the latest is 0.9
(you can see the version number in the Manager dialog via the SpamBayes menu
on the toolbar).

In any case: the most common reason is that there isn't enough room, and so
Outlook has hidden it for you.  Is there a little double right arrow with a
down arrow next to it at the end of the toolbar?  If so, click that and the
button should be there.

Alternatively, are your possible spam/spam folders still correctly set up?
The "Recover from spam" button only appears in those two folders, so if
either isn't configured correctly, it won't appear.  Note that if mail's
being filtered into both of them, then they are obviously still set up
right.

Are you definitely looking for the button in the right folder?  As above, it
only appears in two folders.

Apologies if some of these are obvious and you've already considered them -
it's hard to know what people have already tried.  If none of these work,
you can try resetting the toolbar - the instructions are in the
Troubleshooting Guide.  It also explains where to find your log file, which
might have more details about any problem.

=Tony Meyer

---