[Spambayes] Updated SB very slow on my Outlook 2002..

Kenny Pitt kennypitt at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 12 14:01:31 EST 2004

Eddie Gomez wrote:
> I just upgraded my V8 to V9.  Prior to upgrading, all my junk email
> would be filtered with barely a notice in my inbox.
>
> Since upgrading to V9, now all my junk mail first appears in my
> inbox, then S-L-O-W-L-Y is moved to the junkmail folder.

This results from a change in the default settings for the plugin.  A
lot of users had unexpected conflicts with Outlook rules, so we enabled
our "background filtering" option which adds delays to make sure that
Outlook rules have time to run before SpamBayes processes the messages.

You can turn this feature off in SpamBayes Manager by going to the
Advanced tab and unchecking the "Enable background filtering" option.

--
Kenny Pitt