[Spambayes] Problems getting Spambayes IMAP Filter to work

Max SB-User-List at Xunu.com
Thu Mar 4 17:06:31 EST 2004

I downloaded and installed SpamBayes 1.0a9 and am using the IMAP Filter,
sb-imapfilter.py, on a Win 98 SE Pentium 120MHz PC. These are the script
versions that display when I execute the script from the MS-DOS Shell:
"SpamBayes IMAP Filter Version 0.2 (February 2004) and engine SpamBayes
Engine Version 0.3 (January 2004)". It runs fine as a localhost:8880 site
in MS IE 6.0, and I am able to use the configuration pages perfectly well,
but when I try to access the pages to specify the mailbox folders to
filter and those to use for training, this is what I get (sans the "="
sign lines):

Spambayes Web Interface: Home > Select Training Folders

500 Server error
Traceback (most recent call last):

  File "C:\PROGRAM
FILES\DEVTOOLS\PYTHON\Lib\site-packages\spambayes\Dibbler.py", line 461,
in found_terminator
    getattr(plugin, name)(**params)

  File "C:\PROGRAM
FILES\DEVTOOLS\PYTHON\Lib\site-packages\spambayes\ImapUI.py", line 222,
in onTrainingfolders
    self._login_to_imap()

  File "C:\PROGRAM
FILES\DEVTOOLS\PYTHON\Lib\site-packages\spambayes\ImapUI.py", line 217,
in _login_to_imap
    self.imap.login(username, self.imap_pwd)

  File "sb_ima~1.py", line 212, in login
    BaseIMAP.login(self, username, pwd)  # superclass login

  File "C:\PROGRAM FILES\DEVTOOLS\PYTHON\lib\imaplib.py", line 471, in login
    typ, dat = self._simple_command('LOGIN', user, self._quote(password))

  File "C:\PROGRAM FILES\DEVTOOLS\PYTHON\lib\imaplib.py", line 1000, in
_simple_command
    return self._command_complete(name, self._command(name, *args))

  File "C:\PROGRAM FILES\DEVTOOLS\PYTHON\lib\imaplib.py", line 794, in
_command
    raise self.abort('socket error: %s' % val)

abort: socket error: (10054, 'Connection reset by peer')

Obviously, I cannot use the script until this problem is resolved. Any
help to that end would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Yours very truly,

Max