[Spambayes] Spam in SpamBayes mailing list??

Tim Stone tim at fourstonesExpressions.com
Thu Mar 4 09:44:17 EST 2004

On Thu, 4 Mar 2004 02:26:37 -0600, Katz, Amir <Amir_Katz at bmc.com> wrote:

> Ironically, we are starting to see a daily dosage of 1-2 spams sneaking
> into
> the mailing list - doesn't the SB list manager use SB to kill them?

No, python.org is the organization that we use for our mailing list, and
we don't have decision making authority there.  However, there is a better
reason for it... spambayes is designed and implemented to be a client side
filter.... the list archives are chock full of discussion about server
side vs client side filtering.  It continues to be our consensus that
client side filtering is more effective.  So... train your spambayes, and
you'll never see the spam that gets sent to the list <wink>

--

Exprimez vous!; Exprésese; Esprimi te stesso; Express yourself!
Tim Stone