[Spambayes] New database and the X-Spambayes-Trained header

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Mon Mar 1 19:49:16 EST 2004

> >if I copy the mail before it reaches spambayes I'll have to sort the
> >spam out manually before I train, won't I?
> What you can do and I think this is what Tony had suggested
> is duplicate your incoming mail.
> One copy to spambayes to process after you have the result
> you can save another copy to a given folder.
[...]
> I also think that the -f is the easiest solution.

I don't use this sort of system at all, and my suggestion was based on a
memory of reading someone else's setup, and I hadn't really thought through
it enough <wink>.  There probably is a way around this, but yes, the -f
option is probably best.

> I don't know if all the script use the header or handle the header
> (tte.py ???)

IIRC, it's just the command line stuff (maybe just mboxtrain?).  tte.py
can't really use it, because it needs to go over messages again and again to
see if it should be trained.

=Tony meyer

---