[Spambayes] New database and the X-Spambayes-Trained header

papaDoc papaDoc at videotron.ca
Mon Mar 1 17:10:17 EST 2004

Hi Arvid,

>Hello,
>
>Spambayes is working great, but I have a question about the spam
>and ham that I train on. I want to save the spam I get should I
>ever need to rebuild the database. But can I use the spam that
>I've already trained on? I'm thinking of the X-Spambayes-Trained
>header. It seems to be there to prevent double training or
>something similiar.

Yes it is there for that (You have to note that training by the web
interface won't add this header
until I hack the code of someone else do it).

If you want to train from scratch you will have to use the command line
"-f" with sb_mboxtrain.py
This will force to ignore the header and train on all message.

Remi

--
/"\
\ /