[Spambayes] McAfee virus detection problem.

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Thu Jul 1 02:17:27 CEST 2004

>     Just for debugging, i connect to SpamBayes proxy by
> telnet, and I follow the same steps that MDaemon do.
> When i do a RETR x, and this message
> contains a virus, i get "OK xxxx", but the message doesn't
> comes, and then MDaemon (soft that i use to get the messages),
> wait for Timeout.

What do you get if you bypass SpamBayes?  Does the message arrive, or do you
get the same OK with nothing else?  SpamBayes ought to be just passing on
what it receives, although maybe it's not able to handle the message not
appearing, and the mail client can.  It's hard to tell.

> I just using one proxy, spambayes.

It's fairly likely that McAfee is acting as a proxy here, even if it's doing
it in a non-obvious way.

=Tony Meyer

---