[Spambayes] Warning Message

papaDoc papaDoc at videotron.ca
Wed Jun 30 18:46:04 CEST 2004

Hi Glenn,

> When I open the manager, I see the warning that I have more ham than spam
> and the system works best when I have even numbers of ham and spam. I have
> 196 of ham and 10496 of spam.
>
> I am not sure what I am supposed to do to correct this. Given the junk mail
> out there I would expect to have more spam messages flagged than good, but I
> am not sure this is what is referred to in the warning.  I check FAQ, but
> did not see anything that resembled the warning message.

This mean you have trained on more spam than ham.

You don't need to train on all incoming spam and you can train on some
ham even if they are correctly classified.

Usually you train on some spam and ham. Check what is going on. Then add
some more. Wait again.  If one day you have 50 spam in the unsure range
you don't need to train on all of them usually one or two will push the
remaining spam over the spam cutoff.

Remi

N.B. Since you have a really big different it can be hard to re balance
the ratio. I suggest you restart from scratch.

--
/"\
\ /