[Spambayes] RE: [spambayes-dev] Question Outlook PlugIn

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Thu Jun 24 00:59:43 EDT 2004

[Please note that these sorts of questions belong in the
spambayes at python.org mailing list, not spambayes-dev.  Spambayes-dev is for
discussion about the *development* of SpamBayes.  More details can be found
at <http://spambayes.org/contact.html>]

> How does SpamBayes-Outlook PlugIn work together with
> existing-Outlook rules?

It either fires whenever Outlook tells it about a new message (which could
be after the rules, before the rules, or *during* the rule, depending on a
whole heap of different things), or guarantees that SpamBayes runs *after*
all rules (which is the default behaviour).

> For example: I have a rule that moves
> all incoming mails that contain "example at test.de" to my
> "private" - folder. Does SpamBayes move them to the "unsure"
> folder if it hadn't be trained?

You can either just filter the Inbox, in which case these messages will
always end up in the "private" folder (i.e. a kind of whitelisting), or you
can filter both the Inbox and "private" folder.

=Tony Meyer

---