[Spambayes] RE: [spambayes-dev] Training

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Mon Jun 21 21:15:43 EDT 2004

> By still not learning, I mean messages that I want from a
> certain sender keep ending up in my Junk Suspects, even AFTER
> I move them from my Junk suspects to my Inbox so that
> spambayes will "learn" to put them in my inbox and not my
> Junk suspects.

Two thoughts:

 1.  Check that the message is definitely being trained on - the log file
will indicate this, or you can just check the counts in the SpamBayes
Manager dialog before and after the move.

 2.  Select an incorrectly classified message (before training), and do
SpamBayes->Show spam clues for this message.  This will bring up a message
with the clues/tokens that SpamBayes used to make the classification.  This
might be enough to let you see why the message was classified as it was, and
how to remedy the situation.  If not, then send us the message and we'll
explain what is happening.

(I suggested #2 in the previous message, so apologies if you have done this,
but there wasn't any mention of it).

=Tony Meyer

---