[Spambayes] Problem

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Sun Jun 13 21:52:42 EDT 2004

> I loaded Spambayes on this employees computer
> and he did something and now all email is going
> into never never land.

FAQ 3.12 might be of use:

<http://spambayes.org/faq.html#some-of-my-mail-is-going-missing>

> I have deleted spambayes
> and removed all files I could find.
> However, there still seems to be bits of it on
> the computer and I can not figure out how to get
> it completely removed.

If you use the "Add/Remove Programs" control panel, then there are two final
steps if you want everything to be gone:

   1.  Remove the (dead) toolbar from Outlook).  FAQ 3.15 explains how to do
this and why you need to.
       <http://spambayes.org/faq.html#how-do-i-uninstall-the-plug-in>

   2.  Remove your configuration and training data.  This is in your Data
directory.  The FAQ explains where to find this, too.

<http://spambayes.org/faq.html#can-i-back-up-the-outlook-database-should-i-d
o-this>

> I have also tried re-installing but because there
> are still bits of the program on the drive, it
> will not recreate the proper junk files.

The uninstall/reinstall process doesn't touch the configuration/training
data, so that you can reinstall as necessary without having to start from
scratch.

=Tony Meyer

---