[Spambayes] Spambayes and my Outlook 2003

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Sun Jun 13 21:45:34 EDT 2004

> I recommended Spambayes to someone and they have reported
> back that it works well for them.
>
> I don't know why, but it doesn't work well for me at all.

Hmm - you're recommending programs to people that don't work for you?
<wink>

> I have had it now for 2 months. Training on all spam. I have
> a spam folder that has trained the plugin with over 600
> messages. I started it off with an even 100 spam, and 100
> ham. Yet everyday I get 20-25 disgusting, ridiculous, poorly
> written SPAM messages on one of my particular pop accounts.
> Some of these messages are EXACT messages I already have told
> the program to TRAIN AS SPAM. Any suggestions? I'm about
> ready to give up on this particular program.

Select a message that is incorrectly classified (*before* any training on
it) and from the SpamBayes button choose "Show spam clues for this message".
This will open up a message listing the clues and tokens that SpamBayes
found in that message.  This might give you enough understanding to see why
the message scored what it did, and figure out how to remedy the situation.
If it doesn't, then feel free to send the generated message to this list and
we'll try and explain this to you.

=Tony Meyer

---