[Spambayes] SpamBayes and GroupWise

Tom Peters tpeters at mixcom.com
Sat Jun 5 01:02:04 EDT 2004

I suspect it will not work. Groupwise uses port 1677 or 1678 and the
protocol it speaks is not POP3 or IMAP. That said, there are ways to route
through an IMAP or POP3 gateway from GWise-- I think. You are probably
running Gwise MTA, POA, and GWInter as NLM's on a Netware server, yes? You
might need another box, running Win2000 or XP, to run SpamBayes on as a
mail proxy.

At 09:13 AM 6/4/2004 -0700, Mandel, Joel at DDS wrote:

>Dear SpamBayes,
>Will SpamBayes work on Windows desktops running GroupWise mail client?
>TIA,
>joel
>
>Joel Mandel
>Department of Developmental Services
>Centralized IT Services Branch
>1600 Ninth Street, M.S. 2-7
>Sacramento, CA 95814
>
>(916) 651-8767 (voice)
>(916) 654-3352 (fax)
>joel.mandel at dds.ca.gov

[Computing] "The number of UNIX installations has grown to 10, with
more expected" --UNIX Prg Man, 2nd ed, June 1972
tpeters at nospam.mixcom.com (internet)  remove "nospam." N9QQB (ham)
"HEY YOU" (loud shouting)  WEB ADDRESS http//www.mixweb.com/tpeters
43 7' 17.2" N, by 88¸ 6' 28.9" W,  Elevation 815',  Grid Square EN53wc
WAN/LAN/Telcom Analyst, Tech Writer, MCP, Cisco Certified CCNA