[Spambayes] Permission denied

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Fri Jul 30 16:07:56 CEST 2004

    Jerome> I've been using spambayes 1.0a7 for about a year now with no
    Jerome> problems and it works great.  Now however I can't start the
    Jerome> server.  The error output is:

    Jerome>   File "/usr/lib/python2.3/bsddb/__init__.py", line 192, in hashopen
    Jerome>     d.open(file, db.DB_HASH, flags, mode)
    Jerome> bsddb._db.DBAccessError: (13, 'Permission denied')
    Jerome> Exception exceptions.AttributeError: "'MessageInfoDB' object has no attribute
    Jerome> 'db'" in <bound method MessageInfoDB.__del__ of
    Jerome> <spambayes.message.MessageInfoDB object at 0x4061a38c>> ignored

    Jerome> What do I do to correct this?

Find out where the file trying to be opened is located and correct its
permissions.  Look in your options file for the persistent_storage_file
setting.  The options file is either specified by the BAYESCUSTOMIZE
environment variable or is bayescustomize.ini in the directory where
sb_server.py was started or ~/.spambayesrc.  If there is no
persistent_storage_file set it defaults to a file named hammie.db in the
startup directory.  (Perhaps you are starting sb_server.py up from a new
location which happens to have a hammie.db file.)

--
Skip Montanaro
Got gigs? http://www.musi-cal.com/submit.html
skip at pobox.com