[Spambayes] Spambayes newest version download link not working

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Wed Jul 21 00:26:41 CEST 2004

[Lang Hoang]
> I found the link on the web for downloading the
> installation program for outlook is missing.  I
> can't find the spambayes-1.0.exe anywhere on sourceforge.net.
> http://spambayes.sourceforge.net/windows.html

[Steven Stein]
> I am looking to download the latest version of spambayes.
> When I click on the link to download the latest installation
> for Windows, version 1.0, it takes me to a page that reads:
> Could not read file.

Apologies to you both.  This was a case of the website being updated
slightly too early.  The 1.0 (binary) release is not quite ready yet, but
should be any day now.  I've moved the website back to where it should be*,
and will update it again when the new release is completely finished.  Note
that the spambayes-announce mail list will carry an announcement email when
the new release is made, and the "check for new version" functions on both
the Outlook plug-in and the tray application will indicate that there is a
new version available.

FWIW, the 1.0 release will have no changes from the 1.0rc2 one anyway.

=Tony Meyer

* I said this yesterday, but missed a page, which is why the front said
"1.0rc2" and the windows page said "1.0".

---