[Spambayes] Post install problems

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Sun Jul 4 08:29:11 CEST 2004

> I am running WIN XP Pro and Office XP. After
> installing SpamBayes today, Outlook has failed
> to start without a "severe problem" warning, followed
> by a choice to start outlook in safe mode or close it.
> Nothing else has changed in my system except the
> addtion of SpamBayes. I have not tried unistalling
> it to see if the problem is corrected.

I presume you have by now (sorry about the delay - we've all been very busy
recently).  Did this fix the problem?  Could you send us a copy of your most
recent log file?  The troubleshooting guide explains where to find that (a
copy is normally available from the SpamBayes toolbar, which you can't get
to, of course, but is also available by looking in the directory that
SpamBayes was installed into, or on our website (on the documentation
page)).

> During installation of SB, it was noted that an
> installation of outlook was not detected, although
> outlook is installed.

Is there anything unusual about the Outlook install?  Were you installing
with a user account or administrator?

=Tony Meyer

---