[Spambayes] Installation of .81 on Outlook 2003

Jonathan S. Reid jsreid at adelphia.net
Fri Jan 30 10:47:29 EST 2004

Sir;
    I downloaded SpamBeyes v.81 this morning and attempted to install it.  I
received the following error message as the install was updating the
registry entries:

        Error
                c:\Program Files\Spambayes Outlook Addin\spamayes_addin.dll

                Unable to register the DLL/OCX: DllRegisterServer failed,
code 0x00000000.

                Click Retry to try again, Ignore to proceed anyway (not
recommended), or Abort to cancel installation.

                    Abort        Retry        Ignore

    I am running Windows XP Pro, Office 2003.  The only TSR's that MAY have
impact are Adaware and MS OneNote.  I tried the install, rebooted, unloaded
both TSR's, retried the install; all with the same result.  I also tried
downloading another copy of the install from a different mirror, in case
there was a problem with my file, but to no avail.  I am about to try the
v.7 install - just for snits and giggles - who knows?  Hold on, I will
update...

        OK, v7 installed fine.  Now lets see if it works...

        Excellent, appears functional.  Now, shall we be brave and see if
v.81 installs now?  Why not...

        Apparently, yes.  Perhaps you will find my experience useful in your
on-going development projects.  Let me know if there is anything else I can
help you with <g>.

Jonathan S. Reid
jsreid at adelphia.net