[Spambayes] suspect spam that isn't spam

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Wed Jan 14 19:33:21 EST 2004

> Can anyone explain why SpamBayes has classified
> this email as possible spam, with a spam score of only 2%?
[...]
> 'became'                            0.650288            1      1

What ratio of ham to spam do you have?  SpamBayes works best if it's roughly
1::1 - as you see from the clue 'became', a token in both ham and spam is a
spam clue for you, which probably isn't right :)

What version of the Outlook plug-in are you using?  If it's not 008.1, you
probably should consider moving to it.

Are you using the experimental_ham_spam_imbalance_adjustment option?  (If
you don't know, we can tell you, but only if we know which version of the
plug-in you have).  This could be causing you trouble, depending on the
answers above.

=Tony Meyer

---