[Spambayes] building a binary for Outlook

Kevin Selkowitz kselkowitz at wwdb.org
Tue Jan 13 23:15:03 EST 2004

I'm trying to build a custom version of SpamBayes. Its my understanding
that I have to use the sandbox version of py2exe, I have the newest
binaries of python and win32all extensions installed (I've also tried
building python myself). However when building py2exe I get:

Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "setup.py", line 332, in ?
     options = options,
   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.3/distutils/core.py", line 149, in setup
     dist.run_commands()
   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.3/distutils/dist.py", line 907, in
run_commands
     self.run_command(cmd)
   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.3/distutils/dist.py", line 927, in
run_command
     cmd_obj.run()
   File "C:\Documents and
Settings\Administrator\Desktop\py2exe\sandbox\py2exe\bu
ild_exe.py", line 158, in run
     self.create_directories()
   File "C:\Documents and
Settings\Administrator\Desktop\py2exe\sandbox\py2exe\bu
ild_exe.py", line 321, in create_directories
     os.path.dirname(self.distribution.zipfile))
AttributeError: Dist instance has no attribute 'zipfile'

Anyone know what to do about this? Are there any detailed and up to
date directions on how to build everything?