[Spambayes] POP3Proxy freeze

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Wed Jan 7 21:27:35 EST 2004

    >> File "/usr/lib/python2.2/asyncore.py", line 83, in poll
    >> r,w,e = select.select (r,w,e, timeout)

    Tony> Ah - this could possibly be:
    Tony> [ 824589 ] sb_server.py doesn'trecover after a 'connection timed out'
    Tony> <https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=498103&aid=824589&group_id=61702>

This is just a wild-ass guess, but in Dibbler.run(), it seems that something
like:

    while True:
        try:
            asyncore.loop(map=context._map)
        except socket.error, arg:
            if arg[0][0] == 110:
                # socket timeout
                print >> sys.stderr, "timeout"
                continue
            else:
                raise

might give you the ability to recover from timeouts.  This is of course
subject to whatever asyncore might do under the covers, and there's no
guarantee the test in my if stmt is correct (or if "correct", also robust).

Skip