[Spambayes] Scoring not working

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Wed Jan 7 17:31:26 EST 2004

> I have just upgraded SpamBayes and now my scoring
> is not working on incoming email.  The messages
> that were in my inbox prior to training were assigned
> a score however new incoming mail and mail in my spam
> folder do not score correctly.

Go into the SpamBayes Manager and look at the status panel.  If something is
wrong, it should say it there.  Is the "enable filtering" box ticked?  If
you look at the "Filtering" tab, are the settings there correct?

By "score correctly", do you mean that they get the wrong score, or don't
score at all?  If it's the former, then have you got a roughly equal balance
of ham and spam?  How many messages have you trained on?  If you look at the
spam clues for a message with the 'wrong' score, does it then make sense?

=Tony Meyer

---
Please always include the list (spambayes at python.org) in your replies, and
please don't send me personal mail about SpamBayes. By sending to the list,
you get everyone's help, and avoid a lack of replies when I'm busy.