[Spambayes] Does SpamBayes work under Opera?

Tim Stone tim at fourstonesExpressions.com
Fri Feb 27 16:14:42 EST 2004

On Fri, 27 Feb 2004 20:33:31 +0100, Albrecht Trefftz
<trefftz at attglobal.net> wrote:

> Hi, just to inform you, that I believe there could be something wrong
> with the downloadable files:
>
> I am using opera, so I go within your webpage to "Platforms" -
> "Windows", than, under "Non Outlook solutions" I click on the link
> "Installation program" and the download site offers for download the
> file:
>
>  - spambayes-1.0a9.exe.

This file contains all of spambayes for all supported clients.  The
functionality needed to support opera is in there...

> This installation does not offer the possibility to configure the email-
> address settings (user accounts, password, etc.)

With Opera, you'll have to install and configure sb_server.py.   Look in
the instructions for information on using spambayes with a pop3 server.
BTW, I use Opera 7 with spambayes and it works perfectly...

> If I go to "Outlook 2000/XP/2003" and click on "download the
> installation program", it offers me identically the same file for
> download:
>
>  - spambayes-1.0a9.exe

Outlook support will be absolutely useless to you.

--

Exprimez vous!; Exprésese; Esprimi te stesso; Express yourself!
Tim Stone