[Spambayes] Problem with POP3 Proxy

bhecht at sbcglobal.net bhecht at sbcglobal.net
Sat Feb 21 22:38:41 EST 2004

When I right click on the SpamBayes tray icon, and select "View
Information," in the "Status and Configuration" box at the top of the page I
see all zeros, no emails classified.  So SpamBayes is not seeing the
e-mails.  I'm trying to figure out how to configure Outlook Express and
SpamBayes to get it to see the emails.

In Outlook Express, I select tools | accounts, then select
bhecht at sbcglobal.net and click 'properties' then select the 'servers' tab,
and it shows me the following configuration items in a  dialog box:

Incomming mail server is a : POP3  server
    incoming mail (POP3) localhost
    outgoing mail (SMTP): smtp.sbcglobal.yahoo.com
Incoming mail server:
    account name: bhecht at sbcglobal.net/pop.sbcglobal.yahoo.com

Then if I press the 'Advanced' tab, I see the port configurations:
Server Port number:
    outgoing mail (SMTP): 25
    incoming mail: (POP3) 110

In SpamBayes, I only entered two values to configure it,  everything else
was  left blank or left with default values.  I right clicked on the
SpamBayes tray icon, selected "configure..." and then entered these two
values:

Remote Servers: pop.sbcglobal.yahoo.com

SpamBayes Ports:  110

Thanks again for your help.