[Spambayes] Ham:Spam ratio

Russ Foster russ_foster at comcast.net
Thu Feb 19 11:25:06 EST 2004

I have the spam problem (large imbalance of spam:ham).

It's probably not the most elegant solution, but I just manually move some
of my 'ham' (from the inbox, even though it was classified properly as
ham) into the 'unsure' folder.

Then highlight these good messages and click "Recover from Spam".

The reason you get so much unclassified is you don't have enough trained
ham. If you keep the ratio in check (I would say anywhere between 1:1 and
1:2 would suffice) you will start to see much better results.

-r

russ_foster at comcast.net