[Spambayes] RE: [spambayes-bugs] parse error - undefined boundary - insb_imapfilter.py

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Sat Feb 7 21:29:34 EST 2004

> just wanted to let you know that I am using the
> latest version of sb_imapfilter but getting crashes
> due to parse errors.
> It would be nice (and possible) to make the system
> handle this gracefully and just dump the message
> into the unsure box (or maybe user definable).

The next version handles this better; it simply ignores any messages that it
can't parse (and gradually, both the SpamBayes code and the Python email
package are improving so that fewer messages will be unparsable).  This way
they'll just be left untouched in whatever folder they are in.  Trying to
move them about could be problematic since they're malformed, and I think
it's wiser to leave them as is.  That said, if you really would like them
moved somewhere, open a feature request for it on sourceforge
(http://sf.net/projects/spambayes) and it'll be considered at some point.

The next version should hopefully be out at some point in this coming week.
The spambayes-announce list (and the website) will note when that is the
case - the announce list is extremely low volume (release announcements
only), so you might want to subscribe to that.

> I am attaching a zip of a .PST file containing 12 messages
> that will each cause this problem so that you can properly
> evaluate it. The messages are Outlook messages.

Out of curiosity - if you're attaching messages as Outlook messages, that
hints that you're using Outlook to read your mail.  Any reason why you're
not using the Outlook plug-in?  In general, it's a much better tool to
access the SpamBayes engine than sb_imapfilter.

=Tony Meyer

---