[Spambayes] Spambayes Compatibility

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Sat Feb 7 21:12:48 EST 2004

> I am using Pegasus Win-Pmail32 and Windows XP. Can Spambayes
> be used with the WinPmail client? If not, with what is it
> compatible?--

Yes it can, although you don't get a plug-in like with Outlook, you need to
use the sb_server POP3 proxy.  You'll get the same classification results,
but it's not an integrated solution (but does include a very nice web-based
interface).

The information on the website about "sb_server" is what you're after,
although you might want to wait until the end of this week, by which time a
binary installer should be out that includes sb_server, which makes the
install process somewhat simpler.  The spambayes-announce list (and probably
this one) will have a notice announcing the release, once it's done.

=Tony Meyer

---