[Spambayes] Delete from server

Tim Stone tim at fourstonesExpressions.com
Sun Feb 1 17:12:30 EST 2004

On Sun, 1 Feb 2004 17:26:33 +0100, Dreas van Donselaar
<dreas at emailaccount.nl> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> SpamBayes is functioning quite well here. I just have one small
> inconvenience. Since I am mobile all the time I always keep 5 days of
> email
> stored on my POP3 server. I'd like all SPAM messages however to be
> removed
> from the server by your software (so it will be in my Outlook SPAM folder
> but not in my webmail client).
>
> Can this be implemented?

This is currently only possible if you are able to install and configure
software on your mail server.  I presume that this isn't the case.  It's
not really a matter of our being unable or unwilling to implement such a
thing.  It simply isn't possible because of the way the pop3 protocol
operates.

--

Vous exprimer; Exprésese; Esprimi te stesso; Express yourself!
Tim Stone