[Spambayes] WHICH? Magazine PRE-PUBLICATION CHECK: Anti-virussoftware

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Wed Dec 22 03:11:38 CET 2004

> I installed 1.01 a few days ago. I run it as a service,
> with the tray icon, Win XP pro.
>
> It doesn't seem to hang onto certain Advanced settings.
> E.g. default training for Spam, Ham, and Unsure. I also
> believe I set an option in Experimental settings which
> like the advanced stuff did not survive a reboot.
>
> Against the advice of the install help, I stored my options in
> C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Application
Data\SpamBayes\Proxy\bayescustomize.ini.

Did you do this manually, or did you use the web interface?  If manually,
then the service might not be finding that file.  If via the web interface,
then it ought to be consistent.

(The service could look for/store things in better places than it currently
does - 1.1 will attempt to fix this).

> I guess I'm hoping that would allow them to be used by
> more than one user of this PC.

An easier way would be to put it somewhere that all users have access to,
and add a global environment setting (e.g. with the System control panel)
'BAYESCUSTOMIZE' that pointed to it.

> Is that the source of my problems?

Possibly.  The path to the configuration file is at the top of the web
configuration page - see if it stays consistent or not.  If it doesn't, then
there's a problem to be figured out.

=Tony.Meyer