[Spambayes] Re: tbird and spambayes not playing well together.

sean seandarcy at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 22 02:01:01 CET 2004

Tony Meyer wrote:
>>>cd spambayes
>>>ls
>>>build          MANIFEST.in    README-DEVEL.txt  spambayes
>>>WHAT_IS_NEW.txt
>>>CHANGELOG.txt  NEWTRICKS.txt  README.txt        src          windows
>>>contrib        Outlook2000    runtest.sh        TESTING.txt
>>>CVS            POP3PROXY.txt  scripts           testtools
>>>LICENSE.txt    pspam          setup.py          utilities
>
> [...]
>
>>That all looks correct
>

> I have nothing much to offer, except that I can say that I'm pretty sure
> that that directory is the CVS head one - 1.0.1 (and the branch) have an
> additional file "cleanarch" in the top directory.  Since that's not there,
> it's presumably the checkout you're after.
>

>>except that I have no idea where the
>>build/lib directory came from.  "setup.py install" should
>>have copied the "spambayes" subdirectory from your
>>"/opt/spambayes-cvs/spambayes" source directory into "site-packages".
>

> I believe that distutils creates a copy in the build directory and copies
> them from there (to handle compiling if that is required, I think, although
> that's not in our case, of course).
>
> There really ought to be some mention of site-packages or an error, though.
> Hopefully Kenny's suggestions will help :)

Ok Did it all again from the top.

And this time I noticed it installing in site-packages:
running install_lib
copying build/lib/spambayes/FileCorpus.py -> /usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/sp ambayes
copying build/lib/spambayes/ImapUI.py -> /usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/spamba yes
copying build/lib/spambayes/ProxyUI.py -> /usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/spamb ayes

But....
sb_server.py
Asked to add languages: en_US
Set language to ['en_US', 'en_US']
SpamBayes POP3 Proxy Version 1.0.1 (November 2004)
and engine SpamBayes Engine Version 0.3 (January 2004).

Asked to add languages: en_US
Set language to ['en_US', 'en_US']
/opt/spam/spambayes/data/hammie.db is an existing database, with 2373 spam and 2638 ham
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/usr/bin/sb_server.py", line 1019, in ?
     run()
   File "/usr/bin/sb_server.py", line 1007, in run
     prepare()
   File "/usr/bin/sb_server.py", line 932, in prepare
     state.prepare(can_stop)
   File "/usr/bin/sb_server.py", line 744, in prepare
     self.createWorkers()
   File "/usr/bin/sb_server.py", line 808, in createWorkers
     self.MDBName, self.useMDB = message.database_type()
NameError: global name 'message' is not defined

sean