[Spambayes] HOWTO: transferring a trained db from one user to a newone

Katz, Amir Amir_Katz at bmc.com
Tue Dec 14 08:24:05 CET 2004

Tony,

You say, "The real strength of filters like SpamBayes is that the filter
learns what the individual
considers good & bad mail ".  I agree that some unsolicited mails would be
treated subjectively, but I can't really envision anyone considering the
offers for v***ra, v***din, low mortgage rates and Italian-crafted Rolex for
$10 to be good mail...oh yeah, forgot the enlargement of certain body parts

Maybe SB should be installed with a default DB of those terms - would
certainly save some initial training of the really obvious crap.

Amir