[Spambayes] Re: Training empty messages problem

Jeroen Breedveld jeroenbreedveld at gmail.com
Tue Dec 7 09:40:43 CET 2004

On Tue, 7 Dec 2004 15:33:42 +1300, Tony Meyer <tameyer at ihug.co.nz> wrote:

> Note that I'm still not sure what's causing the "message-id:invalid" token
> to be so strongly ham, which is also effecting the classification of these
> 'empty' messages.

Ok, I added the safer_headers line to default_bayes_customize.ini in
my data folder and retrained on all of my ham and spam (takes about 10
minutes on my machine).

When I look in my Junk mail folder those empty spam still have a spam
probability of below 50%, partly caused by those "message-id:invalid"
headers (sorry I didn't pick that up sooner). I looked at some
Exchange mails in my inbox and all those have invalid message-id. So
just like from:none, all of my internal Exchange mails have
"message-id:invalid".

Should we look into the configuration of our Exchange server because
it seems to me that abnormalities of the mails coming from our server
are circumventing your program from doing from what I think it does
normally perfectly well.

--

Thanks and regards,

Jeroen