[Spambayes] Re: Training empty messages problem

Michael Kimball michael at kimballpottery.com
Mon Dec 6 15:32:58 CET 2004

Somewhat off-topic, but I hope at least related:
Is it possible for me to send and receive email to and from my wife, who
uses a different profile on this same PC, without going through the
mailserver?  i.e. without leaving this PC?  I don't use Exchange and
don't plan to, nor do I plan to set up a special mail server for the
sake of the few emails that woould use it.

But since my AVG and SpamBayes are already using different ports on
localhost I'm wondering if this idea could work.  Either send to her
normal address but somehow point it at the appropriate port on localhost
instead of the mailserver out there on the internet, or set up an
additional address for her such as barbara at localhost:5200.

All this to save 30 seconds once or twice every other day.  So obviously
if it takes a lot to set it up it wouldn't be worth it.

Thank you,

Mike Kimball