[Spambayes] Re: Training empty messages problem

Mathew Hendry TJLWBECGSGWU at spammotel.com
Mon Dec 6 01:46:00 CET 2004

On Mon, 6 Dec 2004 13:09:33 +1300, "Tony Meyer" <tameyer at ihug.co.nz> wrote:

>[Mathew Hendry]
>> Ahh I see. Yes, internal Exchange mails have no internet headers at
>> all.
>We do fake some up, though.
>I'm not certain that we're using the right property for the From information
>(we look for PR_DISPLAY_NAME_A), as messages with the Exchange server I use
>don't have this property.  So I've checked in a change (it will appear in
>1.1) to look for PR_SENDER_NAME_A if PR_DISPLAY_NAME_A isn't present (this
>works for me, at least).

Would it make sense to have a further fallback on a default token if nothing
is found in any of the known properties, "from: exchange-unknown" or
similar? That would seem to cover all bases.

Which properties are available may depend on how the local admins set up the
address book; I've worked at places where they maintain firstname and
lastname, but don't bother to put in a separate displayname. I think Outlook
displays "lastname, firstname" by default in that case.

-- Mat.