[Spambayes] learning the math?

Kenny Pitt kennypitt at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 30 18:01:53 CEST 2004

Alex Strasheim wrote:
> I've been reading the source code, and trying to get a handle on what
> spambayes is doing.  But I don't know much about Bayesian statistics.
>
> Can anyone recommend a good introductory text on the math?

You should probably start with the SpamBayes Background page:

http://spambayes.sourceforge.net/background.html

It contains an overview of the SpamBayes filtering process as well as
references to some of the papers that formed the basis for the SpamBayes
algorithms.  In particular, you should probably start with the Linux Journal
article by Gary Robinson.

--
Kenny Pitt