[Spambayes] ALL MY EMAIL is going into Spaybayes, despite my training--help!

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Wed Aug 11 06:57:13 CEST 2004

> Even legitamate stuff!

By "going into Spaybayes [sic]" I presume that you mean that it's all being
filtered into either the junk folder, or the unsure folder, and that you're
using the Outlook plug-in.  If this isn't correct (or the below doesn't
help), then please let us know which SpamBayes application you are using,
which OS (and version), which mailer (and version), and include a copy of
your most recent log file.

Are the messages all scoring above the spam threshold?  If you select a
message (before training) and choose "Show spam clues for message" from the
SpamBayes menu, you'll see the score.  If they are, perhaps your training
needs fixing - you should have roughly equal numbers of ham (good mail) and
spam (unwanted mail) and at least 10 or so of each before it's all that
accurate.

Check your configuration in the "Filtering" tab of the SpamBayes Manager as
well.  Is the spam threshold set to a sensible level (like 80-90%)?  What
about the ham threshold (should be somewhere around 20%).

=Tony Meyer

---