[Spambayes] Desktopnotification and JunkMail

Philip Reimer preimer at uni-muenster.de
Wed Aug 4 17:34:30 CEST 2004

Hello.

I'm using SpamBayes with Outlook2003 on WinXP and I think it's really great.
But I have one little problem. I have a few email-accounts and defined rules
in Outlook to sort mails from account xy into folder xyz, which would be a
subfolder of the standard inbox-folder. Further, I configured SpamBayes to
check the standard inbox-folder and those subfolders for spam. Thus, when
mail comes in, it is sorted into the according folder and, in case it is
spam, SpamBayes sends it to the Junk-folder afterwards.
That's the situation and now my problem. In the rules mentioned above I also
told Outlook to show the desktopnotification (the little half-transparent
window that pops up in the bottom right corner of the desktop) for incoming
mail in the subfolders of the standard inbox-folders, because otherwise it
would only notify me of incoming mail that resides in the standard
inbox-folder. Since SpamBayes does check mail for spam only after it's been
moved to the subfolders, I get a notificatio for every mail including the
spammails that are later moved to junk-folder. That's quite annoying and I
would greatly appreciate any suggestions on how to change this behaviour of
outlook.

Please excuse my poor English and the slightly confusing description of my
problem. I hope it has become clear anyway.

Thanks in advance,
Philip

--
Betty Schaefer: 'Don't you sometimes hate yourself?'

Joe Gillis:     'Constantly.'
                                      (Sunset Blvd.)