[Spambayes] Spambayes problem

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Tue Apr 27 04:23:40 EDT 2004

> I think Spambayes may be filtering ALL my external mail and
> some mail from other AZ servers. I get the "ding" that I have
> e-mail and no e-mail is there. Sometimes there's a flash of a
> message and then its gone.
>
> I haven't fully trained the system, it was just installed on
> Friday and I've only filtered one message manually.

[This assumes the Outlook plug-in - if that's wrong, then mail us again with
more details!]

I'm not sure what you mean by "ALL my external mail" - what do you expect
SpamBayes to be filtering, and what do you think it is?  In any case, if you
open up the SpamBayes Manager (from the SpamBayes button on the toolbar),
and go to the "Filtering" tab, you can select which folders are filtered.

If you haven't done much training (for example have only trained one
message, and that was spam), then SpamBayes won't be making many correct
decisions (if all it's seen is spam, then almost everything will look like
spam).  Check your unsure/spam folders.

You may wish to read FAQ 3.12:

<http://spambayes.org/faq.html#some-of-my-mail-is-going-missing>

=Tony Meyer