[Spambayes] help with setup of my mail client

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Tue Apr 20 21:25:41 EDT 2004

> Step 2 says that I should setup my mail client to receive
> mail from "localhost" rather than my mail server.
> How do I do this?
[...]
> I am using Outlook Express.

In Outlook Express, choose "Accounts" from the "Tools" menu.  Click on your
mail account (going to the "Mail" tab might help you figure out which one it
is) and click "Properties".  Click the "Servers" tab.  This will have an
entry for "incoming mail", which will be your mail server.  Change this to
read "localhost".  Click "OK" and then "Close".

Note that in the SpamBayes configuration, you'll also have to tick at least
one of the "ham"/"spam"/"unsure" boxes in the "Notate To" or "Notate
Subject" options to use SpamBayes with Outlook Express (because the only way
to get the information through is in the subject or 'to' line.  I can't
recall if this is in the docs or not (it should be, but might not be; I'll
have to look at that).

Be sure to let us (the list) know if there are any problems.

=Tony Meyer

---