[Spambayes] Problem with POP3 Proxy

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Wed Apr 14 00:25:00 EDT 2004

> The problem I am having is that I am a Mozilla user and cannot figure
> out how to set up a working proxy for use with my email
> system. I tried several different approaches but none have worked.
> Any help would be greatly appreciated. ( Yes I installed spambayes
> to work as a proxy) Again thanks in advance for any help you can be.

If you've installed SpamBayes then you need to:

  1.  Configure SpamBayes (if you haven't already).  Specifically, you need
to enter in the address for your POP3 server and a port to locally proxy
this on.

  2.  In Mozilla, go to Edit->Mail and Newsgroups Account Settings, and
click on "Server Settings" underneath the account you want to proxy.  Change
the entry in "Server name" to "localhost" and the entry in "port" to
whatever port you selected above.

That should be all you need to do.  Mail should now go through the proxy and
have a "X-SpamBayes-Classification" header added to it, which you can filter
on.

=Tony Meyer

---