[Spambayes] Problem with SpamBayes

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Sun Apr 11 21:46:02 EDT 2004

> I downloaded SpamBayes yesterday and am receiving a popup
> whenever I open Outlook 2000 or every time I click Inbox.
> The message says:  The Web page could not be found.  This
> error could have been caused by a bad or misspelled URL;
> following an invalid link; or your network connection and/or
> transient conditions on the internet.  To check the URL,
> choose the Home Page tab on the Properties dialog.

Have you tried doing just that?  i.e. right-click the Inbox, choose
Properties, click the Home Page tab, and look at the URL?  I don't use that
feature of Outlook, so I don't even know what that URL does (mine is blank),
but I presume it shows it when you click Inbox, or something like that.

SpamBayes doesn't do anything with that property at all, so it seems
unlikely that this is a result of installing SpamBayes.  Did you do anything
else related to Outlook that day?

> I am running Windows 98SE.  Outlook will still operate
> as far as receiving and sending messages.  I tried to
> uninstall the program and removing all traces of SpamBayes
> but nothing worked.  I still get the error message.  I
> downloaded it again and still the same message.

This really does lend weight to the theory that this has nothing to do with
SpamBayes...

=Tony Meyer

---