[Spambayes] Spambayes on Mac OS X

Fran ç ois Granger francois.granger at free.fr
Thu Apr 1 12:52:05 EST 2004

Le 29/03/04 8:39, « Tony Meyer » <tameyer at ihug.co.nz> a écrit :

>> fgranger$ cd /Users/fgranger/spambayes
>> fgranger$ pico bayescustomize.ini
>>
>> Copy and past the following text inside the windows
>>
>> ---- start copy
>> [Storage]
>> persistent_use_database:pickle
>
> Two questions with this (with regards to making it a generic how-to, rather
> than specific for your been-using-spambayes-forever system):

It was a fresh install on a brand new system. My previous one was different
;-)

> 1.  Any reason why it's better to use a pickle rather than bsddb?

Well at first start I got an error message stating that dbm was not
available. Wich is the default on 10.3.3. I was not willing to download and
compile a bunch of files.

> 2.  Any reason in particular to manually edit the baysecustomize.ini file
> rather than launch a browser and use the config page to do it?

So that I don't get an error message at first launch.

> Could you make it a reST one?

With pleasure ;-)
But I have to first have a refresh. I noted it existence part of a big
project which include a survey of the web for Wiki, Wikilike syntax end
markup and other end user oriented initiative to ease collaborative
publishing.

By the way, I found a tip for Mac users and was willing to put it on the
wiki. I did not found a page like MacOSFaq. Since I did not know the
PageCreationAndNamingPolicy for the wiki, I just added it to the bottom of
the MacOSXPackage page which is the most relevant one (only one) I
discovered with a simple search on "mac".